Charlie Dougherty - Sheriff
I was sworn in as Sheriff of Lincoln County on November 5, 2010. I have been Chief of Police for two Lincoln County Communities during the past 40 years. Throughout my career I have gained invaluable experience in human resources, budgeting, grant writing and departmental administration. I hold an Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate with C.L.E.E.T., Certificate from OSU on County Training Program and Oklahoma Sheriff Academy.
The past 13 years in office I have ensured that the Sheriff's Office has been ran in a professional manner.
- GPS units have been placed in all patrol units for officer safety and accountability, therefore, dispatch knows where every car is 24 hrs. a day.
- A fleet replacement program was established, purchasing 3 or more newer police units each year to replace higher mileage units.
- The trash cop program is funded by a grant that pays a deputy to take inmates out to pick up trash on the side of the road.
- Monthly Chief of Police meetings were established where all police Chiefs meet with the Sheriff once a month to interact and talk about law enforcement issues in the county.
- An environmental Deputy was recently added through a DEQ grant to investigate and clean up trash dumps.
- For the past 6 years we have been successful with getting the Safe Oklahoma grant from Attorney General Office.
- As Sheriff I have developed an investigation unit of 2 full time and 1 part time deputy to investigate crimes with a high success rate and recovering thousands of dollars’ worth of property.
- I am most proud of my Special Operations Team consisting of 20 plus highly trained Law Enforcement Officers to be utilized in high risk situations.
I have an award-winning staff of highly trained professionals with a deep desire to serve.
I am very proud to be an OSA board member. I am the President of the Lincoln County Law Enforcement Association. I am very proud to have been selected 2016 State of Oklahoma Sheriff of the year by the Oklahoma Sheriffs Association and Keep Oklahoma Beautiful Law Enforcement Individual Award.